I found a title page design I love and I've used it for the past four years. I really like the simplicity of my title page. I also like how the same information is on the title page each year.
It is so easy to get caught up in trying to come up with a bigger and better title page design each year. There is so much design inspiration for title pages that I get overwhelmed. But in the end, I found that sticking with a design that is authentic to my simple approach to my Project Life® pages is best for me.
When you find something that works for you, go with it.
This is how I design my title pages:
- Each November I take family photos. I grab my big camera, the tripod and my remote and we head off to a location near our house. I use these family photos for our Christmas cards and the following year's Project Life® title page. Double win!
- For my title page I use the same page design layout each year. I use design 1 from my Simply White Life Pages - v1 (12x12). I love the squared inside edges and the extra bit of white space around the edge of the pages. (Click HERE to see more page sizes and designs from my Simply White Life Pages collection.)
- I add a simple title card with "The Larsen Family Project Life", our names and ages. (Yep, I put my age in print. I am grateful to have lots of life experiences so I see each year as a gift.) I like looking at the title page and knowing how old we were that year - especially the boys because they are growing so fast!
- I add a quote card to the bottom of the page. I love a good quote!
- I add the year by putting each number for the year in the four middle openings.
I am often asked where I get the year number cards for my title page. Well, I make them. I just type in the number using the font of my choice and a color that coordinates with the colors in the photos. That is it!
I started my simple title page design back in 2013 when I was doing a physical Project Life® album. I did not add our ages to this page, but I'm going to fix that. It will be easy to print out a new title card.
Please share your title pages with me by posting a link in the comments below,
emailing me or tagging me on Instagram @tracylarsen.