Every busy mom needs a super simple and delicious go-to recipe for all of those summer parties and last minute get togethers. So I’m going to share one of my all-time favorite recipes. (Is it really fair to call it a recipe if it only has two ingredients? Yes, just two!)
Whenever I bring my semi-homemade salsa to a party someone always asks me “how did you make that?!” They are usually surprised when I tell them my secret to making this quick and easy salsa.
This is how you make Semi-Homemade Salsa:
1. First you start with a jar of your favorite salsa. It can be mild, medium or hot – whatever you prefer. Any name brand or store brand salsa will be just fine.
2. Then you walk over to the fresh produce section of your local grocery store or go outside to your herb garden and gather a bunch of fresh cilantro.
3. Next you pour the entire jar of salsa into a food processor.
4. Add a good amount of the fresh cilantro. Don’t worry about picking the cilantro off of the stems. The food processor will pulverize it all together.
5. Turn on the food processor until all of the cilantro is mixed into the salsa and looks like it is diced.
6. That is it – you are done!
I like to put my semi-homemade salsa in a mason jar. It keeps people guessing about how you manged to find the time to make fresh homemade salsa.
What is your favorite semi-homemade recipe? Please share it below in the comments.